• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PHP in Safe Mode

GaryC

I am trying to determine if my web hosting company provides everything I need to install and run OS Commerce. They have told me that "PHP runs in Safe Mode with Register_Globals turned off". I know nothing about PHP can anyone tell me if this is a problem for running OS Commerce, or if I can proceed OK?

Hi,

with register globals=off oscommerce does not work out of the box but I there are two solutions. I read somewhere, that you can use your .htaccess file for a workaround (turn globals on locally?).

The other thing is the contribution "Register Globals". It works fine for me so far. The drawback is, that there might be contributions that don`t work with this patch and register_globals=off. I tried four contributions I`m interested in without any problems.

If you like, I can email you the 2.2ms2 where I integrated this patch already.

I am trying to determine if my web hosting company provides everything I need to install and run OS Commerce. They have told me that "PHP runs in Safe Mode with Register_Globals turned off". I know nothing about PHP can anyone tell me if this is a problem for running OS Commerce, or if I can proceed OK?

in the file *catalog*/.htaccess

add this line

php_flag register_globals on

upload to the server and start /install/

if you do not get an error message you're on your way

"If you're working on something new, then you are necessarily an amateur."

Archived