• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration

paalolse

Hello

I have installed oscommerce, but there is one thing i dont get right I get this messasge at the top

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /customers/altanytt.com/altanytt.com/httpd.www/butikk/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

How can I fix this

P?l

Hello

I have installed oscommerce, but there is one thing i dont get right I get this messasge at the top

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /customers/altanytt.com/altanytt.com/httpd.www/butikk/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

How can I fix this

P?l

Change the permissions on the file to 644

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Change the permissions on the file to 644

I was about to ask the same thing... totally newcomer here :-"

I have ms2 installed on my local system, to learn how to use, set, etc. Being under Windows (2k), these permissions doesnt apply so, what do I do to get rid of that anoying red bar up there?

I get this messasge at the top

How can I fix this

P?l

Do this...it worked for me!

You can't change permissions to anything (i.e. 644, 444, 400, etc) using your ftp program. You have to create a file, ftp it to your directory, and call it.

1. Make a new file using notepad, wordpad, etc with this script in it (below), change number to whatever you want, although 444 or 400 is recommeded by some:: script to include is:

<?php

chmod('includes/configure.php', 0444);

?>

2. Save the file as "protect.php"

3. Upload, FTP the "protect.php" file to your catalog directory, or the main directory your shop is in.

4. Call "protect.php" from your browser (type the physical address in your browser and visit the protect.php file like you are going to a web page, i.e.

type this in your browser address bar =

www.myoscstore.com/catalog/protect.php

Finished. Go back and look, the error message should be gone. That should solve the problem...it did for me :)

Hope this helps!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Archived