• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing Product List Display

Panic36

Well I want to change the the way the categories displays the products in listing... I took Buy Now off, because I find out a lot of customers can't seem to figure out clicking the name or picture brings you to more info, so I wanted to either, add a button right over/under the "buy now" button, but make this one say "More Info", Plus I don't want it to be one line, next line next object, I want it to be in a format of <Product Picture<br>Name<br>Price<br> So I can at least get 2 items in one line, because I think personally that this looks more pleasing to the eye, I just need to figure out what file I have to mess with, after looking at most of them I'm guessing it's the Index file in the main catalog folder, any help would be great...

look for product lisitng in columns contribution

then you still need to change the button.

Not sure if there is a contribution that does this already, if not, you can change the buynow code in the catalog/includes/application_top (search for case 'buynow'. In there you find an if statement that redirects the user to the product info page when the product has attributes. You can change it to always redirect to product info.

Alternatively, and perhaps better would be to change the link in your product listing to point to the product_info page when buynow is pressed ( and change the image of course)

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Thanks for your help Carine. I'm trying to get my hands dirty, so my site doesn't look so very stock ~_o, but right now I?m going more about functionality than I am looks... I want to make it easy as possible, because some customers were complaining that I didn't give enough information on products, and all I did was show them a little pic, with name, then expecting them to buy it... lol I want them to have to go 2 the info page, so then they can enlarge the photo, and get info about the product which I'm trying to sell... then I?m going to rework it so it doesn't look so so so very stock hehe

Archived