• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I can not upload images!

calle

When I try to upload pictures I keep getting this message:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/catalog/images/SDcx.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\admin\includes\classes\upload.php on line 94

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move 'C:\PHP\uploadtemp\php61.tmp' to 'C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/catalog/images/SDcx.jpg' in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\admin\includes\classes\upload.php on line 94

I'm using IIS and I know it might have to do with that I need to change some files to 777. The thing is I don't know how to do that, when I have my server on my own computer. Anyone?

Thanks...

properties may be set at 777 yet you still need to setup iis properties to be able to write to the directory.

ask your mis person to set this up.

I posted a similar message a couple of weeks ago - and even started a post in "Installation". I'm still curious as to what to do. In the meanwhile, I'm manually loading the files (what a pain!)

Larry

Because I was having problems adding products with images using Admin, I decided to simply leave out the information in the image field.

After the product information was entered, I merely copied my existing jpgs from one local folder to the osC images folder that I created for the project.

Afterwards - and this was the tedious part - I wrote a text file that contained the appropriate mySQL UPDATE statements to put the image information into the products table.

And that's just for testing. I'm going to have to build something much bigger to take the nearly 2000 products I have in one ecommerce site to move to osC.

Larry

I cannot upload files to my store either. I'm very new to this, so I'm still learning the ropes, but there must be a permission setting that fixes this. When I choose an image to upload, then hit submit, the page refreshes and shows that there is no image selected. I don't even get an error. If anyone can give specific instructions on where to fix this, I'd appreciate it greatly. thanx.

Archived