• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

1016 - Can't open file: 'sessions.MYI'. (errno: 14

I am getting this error, what do I need to do to get the site back up? I'm confused, and it's going to get very ugly very quickly if this isn't fixed :'(

This is a problem with your database. It refers to one of the tables in the database sessions.MYI

If you have access to your database via phpMyAdmin, go to the 'sessions' table, select any current sessions listed and click to delete them. This may clear the problem - if not then part of the database may be corrupt.

Vger

Your hosting company should have the ability to 'suspend' your site, without losing any of the website itself. However, it would break any sessions that are running. You may have a 'bad bot' that's doing the 'google dance' on your website - in other words it may have got confused and is going around in ever decreasing circles.

Vger

Thanks for your tip.

I had 3 open sessions, but I coudn?t delete one of them.

Field:Value Type:text  ??????

the problem still here :'(

Is tit possible that the database is down?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem and used the SQL Repair table command which worked, but does anyone know how to protect the site from this happening again.

FYI - I am using the multistore module - running several stores with one admin all calling the database which is located remotely on another server. I am wodering if this may be part of the reason.

The database hosting company said :

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It seems there is a bug in MySQL server that is exploited by OSCommerce.

On our side we are trying to use the latest versions, but the programs could still have problems.

You may try to look for the latest version of OSCommerce or if they have fix for this problem.

If MySQL publish new version we will update to the new stable version available.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If anyone has any further info on this, It would be very helpful.

Kevin

Archived