• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

scanalert.com worth it?

bama

Just saw an ezine with an ad for the scanalert.com verification. Has anyone tried this, and if so, does it improve your sales? Also, did you have any issues with the shopping cart system when they ran it? The sales guy I talked to was asking $1200 for a year of having the seal on your site. Not sure if it is worth it.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks,

Mike

Yea, I've seen that around too... Personally I agree with mibble, it's pointless... I mean look at all the main shopping websites do you see that on them? I highly doubt that... If you follow security updates, you should be fine...

Yea, I've seen that around too... Personally I agree with mibble, it's pointless... I mean look at all the main shopping websites do you see that on them? I highly doubt that... If you follow security updates, you should be fine...

Those were my thoughts as well. I always go to a reputable place, such as this forum, for information and recommendations. It's hard to believe everything a sales guy is saying.

Mike :thumbsup:

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

scanalert is down to around $150 per year. I see the hacker safe logo on more and more sites.

1. Anyone here using it?

2. Did you have to fix anything on day one, or did your store pass the scan?

3. Did sales increase?

Tim

Archived