• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Regarding order notice!!????

Hi there,

I have just downloaded and installed OSCommerce and can I just say that I think that it is absolutely marvellous.

Just one quick question though.

When someone places an order online is an email meant to be sent to the store owner notifying them of the placed order. I just tried going through a cash on delivery test order but as the store owner I never received an email telling me of this?

Does this mean that as the store owner I am expected to keep on checking for orders everyday? :( or am I missing something in one of the many admin sections. I did look through them all but maybe I missed something as I was so excited with the prospect of getting the cart up and running!

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mark Bowen

Hi there,

I have just downloaded and installed OSCommerce and can I just say that I think that it is absolutely marvellous.

Just one quick question though.

When someone places an order online is an email meant to be sent to the store owner notifying them of the placed order. I just tried going through a cash on delivery test order but as the store owner I never received an email telling me of this?

Does this mean that as the store owner I am expected to keep on checking for orders everyday?  :( or am I missing something in one of the many admin sections. I did look through them all but maybe I missed something as I was so excited with the prospect of getting the cart up and running!

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mark Bowen

In your admin go to mystore-> send extra emails to-> enter email address you want the notices to go to.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Hi Richard,

Thanks! I had actually filled in this part in the admin section but had done it after I had made the order. Silly me!!

Just one other quick question regarding this though if you don't mind?

What exactly is this 'extra emails to' section for. Is it just for order notifications or do other emails get sent to this address aswell?

Also when the email comes through all it does is shows me the same email that the customer will have received but should it not take me to the relevant order information via the Admin section so that I can administer it?

Thanks for any help regarding this.

Regards,

Mark

Hi Richard,

Thanks! I had actually filled in this part in the admin section but had done it after I had made the order. Silly me!!

Just one other quick question regarding this though if you don't mind?

What exactly is this 'extra emails to' section for. Is it just for order notifications or do other emails get sent to this address aswell?

Also when the email comes through all it does is shows me the same email that the customer will have received but should it not take me to the relevant order information via the Admin section so that I can administer it?

Thanks for any help regarding this.

Regards,

Mark

It appears to be just for orders, and you get an exact copy of what the customer gets. If you cross-reference the order number at the top of the email to your orders in the Admin area you should be able to match them up. It would invite trouble if it gave you exact urls inside the software to find the order, because the customer would get the same thing.

Archived