• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS XML Module

Marvin Miller

Hi;

I'm running osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 and have the basic UPS XML Module installed and working fine. I would like to make another attempt at installing the dimensions module as the first time it didn't quite work properly :D

I'm looking forward to trying another install but it would be really nice if someone could walk through it with me if I run into some issues. I can follow the directions perfectly but the last time I ran into a few things that I don't understand (I'm not a programmer).

I figure I can get 95% of it done without any mistakes but if something comes up can someone help with what should be minor troubleshooting?

Thanks!

Marvin

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

Marvin;

By all means, I'll try to help in any way I can. Best to post whatever you need help with in the main topic for the module, though:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49382&hl=

(I may be a bit slow on responses until we reach the weekend - job to attend to and all that, you know)

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

Hi Stuart;

Thanks for the reply :thumbsup:

I was thinking I'd rather do it in another thread because the one you mentioned is getting pretty plugged up with all different issues and then sometimes some questions go un-noticed as the thread shifts around. It also gets hard to read and follow :blink:

I can follow the directions closely and already I know of one question that needs to be asked (and may be what's causing other people's problems) so it might be nice to use this as a clean thread.

Should I start in on adding the dimensions module safe in the knowledge that you will do what you can to help? It shouldn't be much but I'm not a coder. I think that I'm miles ahead just because the first part is installed, connecting to UPS properly and retrieving the proper info so we know my host is OK. :D

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

Go for it!

One thing I neglected to mention in the updated instructions...

in catalog/admin/packaging.php (line 59) there is a call to include .htaccess.php - this has been in the file since the original contribution was created and I've never known why. Just comment that line out when installing

//include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'htaccess.php');

... if you want to REALLY see something that doesn't set up right out of the box without some tweaking,

try being a Foster Parent!

Hi Stuart;

I don't think it will work because I already have the CanadaPost module installed. The reason I came to this conclusion is because when I go to install the dimensions module I find;

-the line numbers in the instructions are wrong (by quite a bit)

-the mods the instructions are asking me to do are mainly adding length, width, height etc BUT, because I have the Canada Post Module already installed those fields are already there - but in a somewhat different order (I don't know if that matters)

I'm not a programmer but the conclusion I'm coming down to is that the two modules probably can't co-exist.

The main difference I see is in the order of the fields in the SQL queries. The Canada Post module wants the queries in one order and the UPS dimensions modules seems to want the same mods but in a slightly different order.

Does that make sense? I guess the UPS dimensions module is built off the Canada Post module and maybe the two can't work together?

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

The main difference I see is in the order of the fields in the SQL queries. The Canada Post module wants the queries in one order and the UPS dimensions modules seems to want the same mods but in a slightly different order.
Luckily the order of the fields in a select statement make no difference in SQL.

wondering if it's possible for both contributions to co-exist?
Why not? As far as I understand, the code checks for all the different modules, they do their thing and then the quotes are sent to other code who puts them together to present them to your customer. They are not supposed (and I don't think they do) to interact. So I see no reason why these contributions can't be used along-side (USPS and UPS are working alongside each other as I understand from other posts).