• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Canada Post Merchant CPC not found

TorontoON

I have install the Canada Post 3.7 module and have set up an on-line account.

My IP is set to 204.191.4.228 Port 30000. When ever I try to process an order I get "Merchant CPC Id not found on server. I called CP and they told me the acocunt was set up.

I also tried IP 216.191.36.73 without any success. Does anyone know how to resolve or who to contact at Canada post?

Working towards Nov. 1 deadline. Any help would be appreciated. :blink:

Try going to 206.191.4.228 and then near the bottom of the page you will see;

Resource Center for clients in test phase

Resource Center for clients in production phase

* then Update your Shipping Profile at the bottom of the next page

See if you can log yourself in with the information they provided. Also make sure you have your correct postal code and country set in the Admin area.

Addition: have you entered the information correctly CPC_MY_STORE

Edited by Java Roasters

Yes, I got to dig this up;

Email address: [email protected]

Phone: 1-866-511-0546

You need to register for a "sell online" account.

The venture card is totally seperate. Finding your way around Canada Post is like finding your way through a maze.

Edited by Java Roasters

Thank you! You are abbsolutely right. i signed up for Venture, which has no connection to on-line selling, even though I throughly explained what I was trying to accomplish. The two are not connected.

I now have a setup for online selling. I have configured my setup with CP as best as I can figure out. Not quite sure about all their setting for rates and methods yet, but still I am unable to ship.

I get "Item is too large to ship. It is a mouse, 12x12x3 are the package dimentions with 3 kg for weight. This certainly should not exceed any normal shipping sizes.

Your help has been instrumental. Wondering if you have any solution or pointers :rolleyes: ?

Thanks again for your help. The box size must be the problem. The default dummy box is the only one there and my test product exceeds it's size, which makes logical sense why I am getting an error. I will adjust it before my next test.

Now I need to find out the size of boxes CP uses, or where to get other boxes and their sizes.

Seeing how I am selling many products that I have not seen from my supplier of computer products, any suggestion on how to gestimate box sizes? B)

Now I need to find out the size of boxes CP uses, or where to get other boxes and their sizes.

The box sizes entered into your profile on the CP site are your box sizes. You might want to play around with the "ship in own box" setting and see if that works better for you.

Seeing how I am selling many products that I have not seen from my supplier of computer products, any suggestion on how to gestimate box sizes?

Nope :P

• 2 years later...
The box sizes entered into your profile on the CP site are your box sizes. You might want to play around with the "ship in own box" setting and see if that works better for you.

Nope :P

Can anyone point me in the right direction where to register a new CPC Merchant ID account for "online selling"

I can not find it anywhere!

Never mind I found it got mine working!

You do have to talk on the phone with Canada Post.

This might help others out...

206.191.4.228 - TEST SERVER

216.191.36.73 - PRODUCTION SERVER

PORT - 30000

TEST SERVER

http://206.191.4.228/servlet/LogonServlet

PRODUCTION SERVER

http://216.191.36.73/servlet/LogonServlet

1-800-277-4799 OPTION 1,2, enter vernture number if you have one then #2