• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help! Someone else's products showing up

blackstrat

My client's store has been up and working for some time now. Suddenly someone else's categories and products are appearing instead of my client's. I've checked in administration and in the mysql database, and everything is fine there.

Anybody got any clues?

You are sharing sessions with another store on the same server, change the sessions in your configure.php files

Try changing

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ' '); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

to

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

You are sharing sessions with another store on the same server, change the sessions in your configure.php files

Try changing

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ' '); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

to

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

I've already done that, but it's still happening. Sometimes the categories are correct to start with, but when you click on a category you get the wrong products again.

I've already done that, but it's still happening. Sometimes the categories are correct to start with, but when you click on a category you get the wrong products again.

Two places to look in the admin panel.

1. Under configuration/cache set use cache to false. If you must use cache, then change directory from /tmp/ to a path in your local directory.

2. under configuration/sessions, even though you set the configure.php files to use mysql, set a directory path in your local directory

(example for both: my.com/catalog/cache_files and chmod 755)

HTH

George

GEOTEX from Houston, TX

(George)

Two places to look in the admin panel.

1. Under configuration/cache set use cache to false. If you must use cache, then change directory from /tmp/ to a path in your local directory.

2. under configuration/sessions, even though you set the configure.php files to use mysql, set a directory path in your local directory

(example for both: my.com/catalog/cache_files and chmod 755)

HTH

George

Thanks! That seems to have done it!

Archived