• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Okay, let it rip, judge my site

dlow54

Personally I hate frames. So, I won't be visiting often because of the "hard" work I have to do to be able to see all the content on your site.

Other then that, I like the button effects and the colors aren't too bad either.

Personally I hate frames.

People still use these? So they do! Bad move. So many people will not visit or shop.

Well after half a dozen warnings from my firewall about ActiveX content, I decided to block it, so I only saw one button in all it's glory. Ayone with a half decent firewall may block them also, especially as the page did not load until I blocked them.

Going to have to be cruel to be kind here..Sorry!

I only ran through the home page as this is obviously where you'll make your first impression on a customer

1. I agree with the first post, that you need a catchy banner. Generally I pick up banners at www.templatemonster.com. Once you've chosen something here you should match the color scheme to the banner. (black background is a bit harsh I think)

2. As for your links at the top...hmm..fancy yes... but they're out of place. You see your site is 'static' in that you haven't used flash anywhere else and so to use flash buttons just doesn't conform. Once you redesign your top banner you will be able to blend these navigation links in a bit better.

2. Your logo on the left is difficult to read ie. 'full color digital graphics'. Probably would be better if it was just white, as opposed to the split color. Also it looks slightly bitmapped

3. I found the front screen a bit muddled to be honest. All the images seem to be aligned to the left hand side. If you're going to leave these there, then you should center them. I would lose the 3 overlapping colored boxes in purple,red and white with the comment 'your text or logo here' as to me they don't signify anything! The other images do make sense but at the same time,maybe put a slight border around each of the images and state what each image is ..ie 'customized mouse mats' or 'beer holder' or 'hot water bottle!' etc

4. The 'welcome to 54graphics.com...' should be up at near the top..possibly just opposite your logo maybe?? Don't have your text spanning the entire screen width of the screen. I know you said you'll eventually get around to putting the site into tabular format and when you do this will sort this out anyway.

5. One last thing. I just clicked on your 'Dash Plaques' link and the center background has switched to black. You need to keep this in line with the other pages where the center background is white.

Anyway i hope my comments are of some use to you. If you want anymore feedback i'd be happy to oblige.

cheers

Sweeners

Well - ya havent heard mine yet.....

I'll break character and be nice tho:

Change the site. Just change it. Please - for your own sake... skip all your warm fuzzy feelings about how much YOU like the look and way it's layed out.... think of the rest us....

Drop the frames, get some better graphics, fix anything thats pixelated (your logo) and try a new color scheme.

I'm on 5mb cable and its slow.

The buttons... well, change them too.

I saw "graphics" in the name and was sorely disappointed when i saw the graphics in the site. Sorry.

Snap back to gravity , here goes reality...............

Uhmm,,,, I am sorry but it you cant handle my site and it's speed I dont wont your business it you cant afford faster service, then You probly cant afford anything from us. The bitmap is not my logo, an I know that it is

thanks for the input though,

u got something to show,

Snap back to gravity , here goes reality...............

Uhmm,,,, I am sorry but it you cant handle my site and it's speed I dont wont your business it you cant afford faster service, then You probly cant afford anything from us.  The bitmap is not my logo,  an I know that it is

thanks for the input though, 

u got something to show,

Okay sorry, check out my site now.

This is in my top 5 !

Worst implementations of osCommerce ever. Awful slow loading site, frames, flash buttons. Sorry, is it 1999?

Basic grammar and spelling errors. Truly an awful site - I'd say start over ASAP.

hey

ok a bit better. try to eliminate the need to scroll on the first page. reduce the image in the middle to allow the 'welcome to....' text to be seen.

just noticed that the pages nearly all differ from one another. They absolutely need to be the same!! Are you linking to a number of sites?? If so you need to specify that a customer is viewing outside your site.

The previous post was right tho...you need to do a HUGE overhaul on the front of the site.

cheers

Sweeners

I couldn't view the site because it required a plugin my browser doesn't have. I am guessing Flash. This means there was no navigation present just a bunch of "missing plugin icons".

It should be noted that like the others stated, the site was very slow to load. I am using dual DSL which is load balanced to give me a throughput of 3 Mb per second and it was still slow. The computers in my shop are no slouches either, with the slowest being a 2.8 Ghz machine and over 1 GB of RAM each. I am using Firefox with Pipelining turned on as well which should speed up downloading. For a comparison Google.com takes .18 seconds to load on my machines.

For having little exprience in this field, I think I am doing really well,

I design graphics, not web pages, I was just thrown into this.

I am satisfied and we have sold to most states, and out of country,

Thanks for all the help, please do check back , because it will be better.

I like all this negativity, build character

Cheers Delia on making sales.

But the graphics on the page, I hate to say are horrible... I think you need to rethink your site because it's very confusing... Frames on the other hand are outdated, why not just make a table on the bottom and put your footer info there instead of putting it in a frame, so it stays in your face the entire time... People only need to really glance that once, and don't need much more than that... But that honestly doesn't matter, if you're making good sales, than that?s the object... But you might make more sales making a decent page, where when people first look at the front they say to themselves "hmm he's good"... Which isn?t something that hit me when I first went to your site...? Well anyways that's just my 2 cents...

Robert

that's cool, at home now, dial up sucks, my page does take way to long to download. dont like that, I am going to have to change it,

I guess, what graphics are bad, I hope you say the buttons, or frame, put not the products,

Naw the products aren't bad, it's the picture on the front page I?m not very fond of... The oval with "signs and banners" isn't very smooth... It's kind of rough... And having to scroll to see the entire thing sucks... And yes, the buttons aren't in a very logical place, since they take up like 25% of the top, and the frame at the bottom takes up like 25% so you get like 50% visual information and the reset is just a drag you wish would disappear.

Delia, Delia, Delia, what shall we do.

Anybody who has read my posts knows i'm only on dial in (can't get broadband yet). I have a method in going through sites. I open the topic find the url. Open it in a new window and start reading the posts on my other screen. Where do you think I am going ??? Well I read all the posts on this topic and had time to start the replay when your page finally loaded. That front page image has to go

I would have ran as soon as I'd got past 10-15 secs max and you'd be one potential customer less.

For 30k images your catalog loads real slow - consider changing hosts.

Just clicked on Trophies. OUCH have you got a layout problem. No Consistancy at all. As for the black background. It's a big no no.

Buttons are cool. Pity everything else is not :(

PhilipH

I agree with the previous posts GET RID OF THE FRAMES!!! If you are want to use something similar use SSI. Convert all your html pages to shtml. Other then that everyone else seems to have covered everything else that I was going to say.

Andrew Yuen

osCommerce, Community Team

Archived