• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Weird things afoot

Hi

Ive been happily using the OScommerce for a good 6 months and am very happy with it.

However I went to login just now as admin and check order statuses and as I do so , it asks for the passwords as per normal but then the page comes up with

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /home/chris/public_html/xboxcouk/ecommerce/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31

that particular line in the php says

$this = null;

I really have no idea as to what is going on and as such asking for general advice

The shop still seems to work fine

One thing is that I know that the servers have been upgraded to PHP 5 recently but I am unsure as to when that occured or if that has any bearing on it however I could access this yesterday with no problems

Thoughts anyone ?

Your host has probably upgraded PHP to a version (probably 5.0) that does not allow re-assignment of the $this variable. Just comment it out and you you should be good to go with no other ill affects.

//$this = null

HTH

Tom

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU

Needless to say that seemed to work

Sometimes I feel that every avatar should have its own paypal button to pay people who help 'cos if they did - I'm sure people would be much better off

Thanks once again

Archived