• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Configuring the order elements appear in emails

jacobr

I'm trying to change around the order of the elements that appear in the emails that get sent to a customer when you update their order - i.e. changing the status from Processing to Shipped or whatnot. I can see in /admin/includes/languages/english/edit_orders.php that I can change the defines for things like the EMAIL_SEPARATOR, subject, etc, but what file actually handles building this email? (similar to how in checkout_process.php you can alter the elements and the order they appear in)

So basically - what file handles building the Order Update emails to occur when you update a customer's order status from the admin. Thanks!

Jacob

I'm trying to change around the order of the elements that appear in the emails that get sent to a customer when you update their order - i.e. changing the status from Processing to Shipped or whatnot. I can see in /admin/includes/languages/english/edit_orders.php that I can change the defines for things like the EMAIL_SEPARATOR, subject, etc, but what file actually handles building this email? (similar to how in checkout_process.php you can alter the elements and the order they appear in)

So basically - what file handles building the Order Update emails to occur when you update a customer's order status from the admin. Thanks!

Jacob

Ok, I (think) edit_orders.php is a part of a contribution to give me more control over editing my orders. I tried to send an email out from that interface, but still haven't seen it arrive. I can't figure out where the emails that send out from the admin interface on orders.php are assembled. Help?

ARRRGH! I found it. If I could delete this thread I would - sorry for the space!

Don't you just hate it when it's right under your freaking nose the entire time!

(for other's sake - you change the defines at /admin/includes/languages/XXX/orders.php and the structure at /admin/orders.php)

Archived