• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Support] Advanced Search Header

Mighty Mike

anybody got an idea whats going wrong here?

this is the code for it

<?php

if ( (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'checkout.php')) and (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'create_account.php')) and (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'shopping_cart.php')) and (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'advanced_search.php')) and !tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') ) {

?>

<table align="center" border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">

<tr>

<td align="center">

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td valign="middle" colspan="0">

<?php echo tep_draw_form('advanced_search', tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get"') ?>

<table border="0" width="50%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1" align="center">

<tr>

<td valign="middle" colspan="3"> </td>

<td valign="middle" colspan="3"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('search_in_description','1') . tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'size="10" maxlength="30" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH+100) . 'px"') ?></td>

<td valign="top" colspan="3"> </td>

<td valign="middle" colspan="3"><?php echo BOX_ADVSEARCH_CAT ?></td>

<td valign="middle" colspan="3"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('categories_id', tep_get_categories(array(array('id' => '', 'text' => BOX_ADVSEARCH_ALLCAT)))) ?></td>

<td valign="top" colspan="3"> </td>

<td valign="middle" colspan="3"><center><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_search.gif', BOX_HEADING_ADVSEARCH); ?></center></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

Like the other two posters, I am having similar trouble with this contribution in that it disappears when the customer is logged in?

I would also like to add this to my footer rather than in my header. I have tried adding the code but can't seem to get the search boxes within the coloured footer row. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Like the other two posters, I am having similar trouble with this contribution in that it disappears when the customer is logged in?

I would also like to add this to my footer rather than in my header. I have tried adding the code but can't seem to get the search boxes within the coloured footer row. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ok

I took this code out/ you could just comment it out.

<?php

if ( (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'checkout.php')) and (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'create_account.php')) and (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'shopping_cart.php')) and (!strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],'advanced_search.php')) and !tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') ) {

?>

now when a customer is logged in it stays. I know by taking the above out it will appear all the time, which i dont mind.

I was also having a problem that when you selected a manufacturer it would go to the search page (sometimes?) but i have just tested it now and it seems ok.

I have not tested it in the footer but i would have thought that you could just place the code in the footer and it should be ok.

Hope the above helps.

Cheers