• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

customers seeing other customer details

I have customers complaining about seeing other customers details - any ideas why this would be ? TIA

There are a few threads on this topic around. In your config file see if your store sessions line looks like

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

and if not change it.

Seems that if you're in a shared environment and write your sessions to /tmp then there may be some overlap and those customers that overlap will see the wrong info. Setting your sessions to be stored in the db will solve that problem.

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

There are a few threads on this topic around. In your config file see if your store sessions line looks like

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

and if not change it.

Seems that if you're in a shared environment and write your sessions to /tmp then there may be some overlap and those customers that overlap will see the wrong info. Setting your sessions to be stored in the db will solve that problem.

Iggy

Hi Iggy,

I could use your solution as well. Shouldn't we change this define in both files:

catalog\includes\configure.php and

catalog\admin\includes\configure.php ??

Kind regards,

Edze

Thank you for the reply - I have checked that but the catalog configure file is currently set to mysql. The admin one wasn't so I have changed that.

What other things could cause this ?

TIA

Archived