• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

General 'How it works' guidance

HI, I am new to OSCommerce and am looking for the best guide on how it works, ie how the templating system works. I'm used to using phpshop and that works differently, though the early stuff did use this type of templating.

is there somewhere to find suchsimple guidance onthe templating to get me going?

Thanks

Rick

What templating are you talking of?

the entire set up uses a templating form what I can see.

for example, I have before me, a print out of checkout_payment.tpl.php, which works with checkout_payment in the catalog directory, and checkout payment in the languages/english directory for definitions.

I am chasing my tale trying to piece together the structuring of the build of the pages and thought there must be a logical explanation.

it seems to use a system I have seen before that uses a template page for structure, and other pages for content, but I am not sure, and am still on a avery steep learning curve.

just wanted to make sure I wasn't struggling when there was actually helpful info out there.

thanks

Rick

the entire set up uses a templating form what I can see.

for example, I have before me, a print out of checkout_payment.tpl.php, which works with checkout_payment in the catalog directory, and checkout payment in the languages/english directory for definitions.

I am chasing my tale trying to piece together the structuring of the build of the pages and thought there must be a logical explanation.

it seems to use a system I have seen before that uses a template page for structure, and other pages for content, but I am not sure, and am still on a avery steep learning curve.

just wanted to make sure I wasn't struggling when there was actually helpful info out there.

thanks

Rick

osC does not come with a template system by default but it sounds like your site is using the bts template system found in the contributions. I would download it and take a look at what docs there are and also go to the support thread for bts in the contribution support section of the forum. This will probably get you started with the info you need.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Archived