• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

configure.php permissions

bjraybould

Upon installation I got the message:

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/virtua38/public_html/artcourses/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Could anyone tell me what the permissions should be set to?

I do not understand the difference between user, group, and world, and which permissions each of these entities needs in order for osCommerce to work.

(I assume you set the permissions in the cPanel File Manager)

Thank you.

Barry

The catalog/includes/configure.php file needs to be set to 400 (read only). This will remove the error. The catalog/admin/includes/configure.php can be set to 644, or if you want to be more secure also set to 400.

Vger

Thank you this helped me also - I love this bulletin boards when everyone is willing to help.

i am french excuse my english

i have win 2000 pro i set permissions for 2 fichiers configure.php only lecture for all user on my computer .

the same message appear in from of windows of mysite

please help me i have to presente my projet this week

thanks for all reponse ..

by see you .

i am french excuse my english

i have win 2000 pro i set permissions for 2 fichiers configure.php only lecture for all user on my computer .

the same message appear in from of windows of mysite

please help me i have to presente my projet this week

thanks for all reponse ..

by see you .

In windows go to /includes/config.php and right-click on the file. Choose the check box "READ ONLY" and then go to the security tab. Find out of the list the word "NETWORK" and click on the "FULL CONTROL" check box.

Now do the same for /admin/includes/config.php

This should work.

Archived