• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Suddenly asking for English.php??!

Eurcynia

I'm not sure what exactly has happened! As of today I am getting the following error when I try to login to the admin:

Warning: main(includes/languages/English.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/alex/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 130

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/English.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/alex/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 130

Notice its suddenly asking for English.php, well includes/languages has english.php. I thought a quick runaround would be making a symbolic link of English.php to english.php but when I do that, admin works... but instead it shows the Functions instead of their outputs! For example:

Tools

TOOLS_BACKUP, TOOLS_BANNERS, TOOLS_FILES

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :(

It is.

I also noticed when i use the symbolic link with the broken functions, it shows the images as broken, when i right click it too is looking for /includes/languages/English/images/ when its supposed to be /english with the lowercase!

I did nothing to it... not unless my customer did from the OSC admin but I don't think he could or where?

Spaceboy - that's the strange part... I went into the languages table and tried changing english to English, then the public part of OSC stopped working because it was looking for english.php! Unless there's a seperate one for the admin and the public, but I don't think so?

I could be wrong but isn't there Catalog/includes/languages/english.php, and catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php? You could of made a configuration error... Try backtracking everything you did when you made changes?

It stopped working sometime yesterday afternoon or this morning... The only other person working on the files said he didn't touch any of the OSC configuration, just website files and adding the search form to the template.

There is an english.php in the main languages and the admin. But by renaming or copying english.php to English.php like it started asking, it begins to show the titles of the functions in admin instead of the actual outputs from the English.php file...that doesn't fix where the problem is because now it wants me to rename the images folder too.

I think what it comes down to is someone ended up deleting "english" and then retyping it to "English" habitually spelled capitalized.. its just a matter of finding out where this file is since no one seems to remember having done it!

when you say webfiles, oscommerce related files? Could a spell check program changed some configuration during editing the webfiles to English instead of english without your knowledge? I know dreamweaver has done that to me..

hmmm...strange thing you've got there Julie..As I remember, there is no hardcoded link to "english" in the OSC code but only the constants defined in configure.php (admin + catalog). As I understand, the shop gets the language from the webbrowser (en, fr, de, ...), checks in the "languages" database table and returns the full, directory name (english, french, german, ...). This fullname is then used in the code like DIR_WS_CATALOG . '/' . $LANGUAGE . '/'. test.php.

Did you search for "English" in all your OSC code ? Also the config files ? Did your webhoster changed something on the OS ? A new version of php ? Do you have the problem on all workstations ? Also with Firefox ?

If I have something like this, I try to figure out what is STILL working..that can help you localizing the problem.

Didier.

It looks like we found the problem. Maybe this will help anyone else in the future.

I emailed my customer and asked him if he changed anything in the Admin side of the site... he said he had changed languages to Japanese under Localization > Languages but when nothing happened he switched it back -- well he ended up typing "English" instead of what it was... and there started the error.

thanks everyone for your help.

Archived