• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

POST v GET for 'Buy Now' buttons

Vger

Hi, I have a new site in development on my own local web server. No problems with that. Also no problems with installing the sid-killer contribution. I have now installed the complementary buy-now button contribution which turns Buy Now buttons into forms, and changes the HTTP_GET into HTTP_POST. Since then, whenever I click on 'add to basket' buttons nothing shows up in the basket. I am assuming that this is to do with the fact that there is no local mail server? Could be way off here, but if you don't ask you don't learn!

Anyone who knows the solution to this problem may POST here!

Many Thanks - Vger

Does it work if you back out the sid-killer contribution? If you running MS2, this contribution is not needed AFAIK.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The Sid Killer contribution is not the problem, as the 'add to cart' button worked fine after installing that - items were added to basket. It was the Buy Now Link To Button Contribution, which is meant to work with Sid Killer, that changed the variables from GET to POST, to prevent spiders picking up sessions from 'buy now' links and adding items to the cart.

The contributions, if they work correctly, removes the need to use the 'Force Cookie Use' function, or else to use the 'Prevent Spider Sessions' function with the spiders.txt file (which has to be constantly updated). Basically, if they work correctly, it'll stop any searcgh engine from picking up and displaying session ids in their search results, or from creating sessions of their own.

Vger

Archived