• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

spoofing order number

jahu

I noticed that the first order number ran through oscommerce gets order #1. I was wondering how to spoof this and make the first order number 900?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

the order number doesnt really make a bit of difference, the customer does not even see that until the transaction is complete. also, all a customer has to do to see how long you have been around is an nslookup and find out how old the web site is.

if you have a counter on your site it will show some different # too, so trying to coincide things isnt that easy. also i think misleading.

so much for that.

the order # is in the database, you will need to edit the orders table and change the order id.

so what if the client i could build a site for has been in business for 5 years, has just put his shop online and wants to synchronise his orderbook with whats on his OSC shop to keep it consistant. It wouldnt be misleading then but i catch your drift on how else it could be used.

I used to run my own computer shop and i used Quickbooks to do all the admin. For me it would have been far easier to have a consistant set of order numbers to tie in with my QB database rather than have two different sets running all over the place :blink:

And far easier for my accountant to audit at the end of year stage too and she checked my books like a hawk :-"

Just my ten pence :D

Archived