• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping goes UP when you get to paypal screen??

murph

This one has me totally stumped. <_<

1) You go thru the checkout and let's say the shipping cost is $3.85. It's listed correctly on the OSC site, then you click to proceed with payment (paypal is the only payment option). When you get to the paypal screen the shipping is NOW listed as $6.95??? Huh?? :angry:

I tried it with several products to see if there was the same amount being added to all but everytime it's a different amount being added to the shipping cost. It seems like a random amount - i.e. not related to the shipping table.

**The only shipping option enabled is table rate and it is correctly done.

2) Client is in NE. Tax for NE customers is 5.5%. Taxes are setup for zone of NE, taxable goods, etc etc and products have taxable goods chosen. Order total module has in order: subtotal, shipping, tax, total (1,2,3,4).

I log in with a dummy account from NE and NO TAX will show either on the products or anywhere in the checkout process including in paypal.

What am I missing here?? I just don't get it. There is no tare weight (set at 0), no large package percentage increase, display prices with tax is enabled, etc etc. Can anyone help with either issue before I go nuts here :blush:

1) You go thru the checkout and let's say the shipping cost is $3.85. It's listed correctly on the OSC site, then you click to proceed with payment (paypal is the only payment option). When you get to the paypal screen the shipping is NOW listed as $6.95??? Huh?? :angry:

I tried it with several products to see if there was the same amount being added to all but everytime it's a different amount being added to the shipping cost. It seems like a random amount - i.e. not related to the shipping table.

You know, this is funny... The same exact thing happend to me once, and I racked my brain for EVER trying to figure out what I had done.. Well.. Before I started with oscommerce, my paypal account automaticly charged based on the cost of the item. Somehwere in paypal's configuration area you can determine pricing for shipping... I don't know if you have ever done this or not.. but go look in paypal and see if paypal is adding money for the shiping costs itself :)

Christina

Archived