• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Offline payments

Focusedonsound

read the knowledge base, will help you immensely. if you do orders that way, you may lose orders from customers wondering what is going on, especially if you dont process them immediately.

read the knowledge base, will help you immensely.  if you do orders that way, you may lose orders from customers wondering what is going on, especially if you dont process them immediately.

Im sorry...for jumping right out and asking this question. Please allow me to re-state the above.

I have a client who is looking for an e-commerce solution. We are currently using a web host that provides OScommerce already on the server. So I figured I would give it the first try! Now let me explain my situation!

The company already processes a substantial amount of orders daily. And my intenions was to have the client 2 or three times a day download his orders. And process them locally.

I understand there are disadvantages to this however before taking the fully automated plundge I am feeling this is the route they will want to go!

Also while on this subject If I want to go ahead with full CC processing again what are some of my options as far as cost effective ones!

I am very new to the E-commerce side of web development and appreciate any help that you can give. Please understnand Im not looking for someone to give me the answers Im just looking for what I should be searching for and looking for.

Thanks for the help in advance

Nick

I understand there are disadvantages to this however before taking the fully automated plundge I am feeling this is the route they will want to go!

Also while on this subject If I want to go ahead with full CC processing again what are some of my options as far as cost effective ones!

I am very new to the E-commerce side of web development and appreciate any help that you can give.  Please understnand Im not looking for someone to give me the answers Im just looking for what I should be searching for and looking for.

Thanks for the help in advance

Nick

Nick...if you have an osCommerce installation already you can look at Payment Modules under your Admin area to find out what automated processing options are built in. If you pick one of these for your client later on, it'll be simple enough to set up. Research any or all of those and let your client choose the best one for their business.

The default ones are as follows:

Authorize.net

Credit Card

Cash on Delivery

iPayment

Check/Money Order

NOCHEX

PayPal

2CheckOut

PSiGate

SECPay

Your client / you will get emailed copies of each order and if you configure the software to collect credit card numbers your client can print and manually process each order. This is far harder than it needs to be, though.

• 1 month later...