• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HAS ANYONE TRULY EVER DONE IT?

koolcads

NOW I KNOW THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT SAY IF YOU HAVE WEBSHOSTING SUCH AS YAHOO THAT REQUIRES YOU TO DROP PAGES THAT NEED TO BE SECURE IN A "SSL" FOLDER YOU ARE ABLE TO UPLOAD THE SITE TWICE (ONE IN THE SSL AND ONE IN THE ROOT) AND YOU WILL SORT OF MIRROR THE SITE. HAS ANYONE DONE THIS? I WOULD THINK THAT YOU WOULD LOOSE THEIR CART AS A RESULT OF THE CHANGE AND EVERYTHING ELSE. SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW! :-"

how would you lose your site? the source code isnt going anywhere, it is the database which contains everything. as long as when you make a change to the code and copy it to both places no problem. either way the database itself is stored elsewhere.

You can't "Mirror" and SSL site in the true sense of the word "Mirror"

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)

Some hosts set up SSL like this and it's a royal pian in the butt. But it does work by making a copy of your whole site in the secure folder.

Better webhosts will be able to map the SSL to your http folder - it's a simple change, and then you don't have to upload 2 copies of your store.

Archived