• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

change text in the index.php

TaylorMadeScrap

I am trying to change text in the index.php.....can you see what I did wrong?

I am getting the error at the top of the page.....Thanks in advance!

Parse error: parse error in /var/www/html/oscommerce/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 15

And heres how its written:

define('TEXT_MAIN','<b>Welcome to the Scrap 4 Life Store!</b><p>

<a img scr="http://www.scrap4life.com"/a>

<p>Where great customer service is our first priority and our goal is to provide you with quality scrapbook supplies at affordable prices. We offer a diverse line of scrapbook supplies including a wide variety of embellishments, albums, Bazzill cardstock, rub-ons, patterned paper, and idea books.target="_blank"><b>www.scrap4life.com</b></a> Whether you are new to scrapbooking or a seasoned scrapper, we can help make your scrapbook pages beautiful. In addition to our large selection of scrapbook supplies, our forums are an excellent source of inspiration for your scrapbook layout ideas.<p>If you are an avid scrapper you know how many scrapbooking supplies are available on the market right now. We do our best to kep up with the latest supplies on the market, as well as, basic essentials like paper and adhesives.<p>We offer products from a variety of vendors and designers including Bazzill Cardstock, Junkitz, Lil' Davis, 7Gypsies, and many more...</b>

PROJECT_VERSION . '</b></font>.');

define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s');

define('TABLE_HEADING_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'Upcoming Products');

define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_EXPECTED', 'Date Expected');

I am trying to change text in the index.php.....can you see what I did wrong?

I am getting the error at the top of the page.....Thanks in advance!

Parse error: parse error in /var/www/html/oscommerce/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 15

And heres how its written:

<p>Where great customer service is our first priority and our goal is to provide you with quality scrapbook supplies at affordable prices.  We offer a diverse line of scrapbook supplies including a wide variety of embellishments, albums, Bazzill cardstock, rub-ons, patterned paper, and idea books.target="_blank"><b>www.scrap4life.com</b></a> Whether you are new to scrapbooking or a seasoned scrapper, we can help make your scrapbook pages beautiful.  In addition to our large selection of scrapbook supplies, our forums are an excellent source of inspiration for your scrapbook layout ideas.<p>If you are an avid scrapper you know how many scrapbooking supplies are available on the market right now.  We do our best to kep up with the latest supplies on the market, as well as, basic essentials like paper and adhesives.<p>We offer products from a variety of vendors and designers including Bazzill Cardstock, Junkitz, Lil' Davis, 7Gypsies, and many more...</b>

PROJECT_VERSION . '</b></font>.');

define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s');

define('TABLE_HEADING_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'Upcoming Products');

define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_EXPECTED', 'Date Expected');

You need to escape out all your ' in your text What's needs to be What\'s

Change

Junkitz, Lil' Davis

to

Junkitz, Lil\' Davis

VERSION . '</b></

to

VERSION . \'</b></

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

if the project version part were coded correctly then the escaping '</b></font>.'); would be required however since it is not coded as

' .  PROJECT_VERSION . '</b></font>.');

then it will still show incorrectly

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

Thanks for all the help everyone!!! I thought I fixed it....now I am getting a message that says line 17 error"

Parse error: parse error in /var/www/html/oscommerce/includes/languages/english/index.php on line 17

I can't seem to find what I did....I fixed the \ onthe lil davis? Here is how i have it now....

<p>Where great customer service is our first priority and our goal is to provide you with quality scrapbook supplies at affordable prices. We offer a diverse line of scrapbook supplies including a wide variety of embellishments, albums, Bazzill cardstock, rub-ons, patterned paper, and idea books. Whether you are new to scrapbooking or a seasoned scrapper, we can help make your scrapbook pages beautiful. In addition to our large selection of scrapbook supplies, our forums are an excellent source of inspiration for your scrapbook layout ideas.<p>If you are an avid scrapper you know how many scrapbooking supplies are available on the market right now. We do our best to kep up with the latest supplies on the market, as well as, basic essentials like paper and adhesives.<p>We offer products from a variety of vendors and designers including Bazzill Cardstock, Junkitz, Lil\' Davis, 7Gypsies, and many more...</b>

Like Steve point out change it all to the following

<p>Where great customer service is our first priority and our goal is to provide you with quality scrapbook supplies at affordable prices. We offer a diverse line of scrapbook supplies including a wide variety of embellishments, albums, Bazzill cardstock, rub-ons, patterned paper, and idea books. Whether you are new to scrapbooking or a seasoned scrapper, we can help make your scrapbook pages beautiful. In addition to our large selection of scrapbook supplies, our forums are an excellent source of inspiration for your scrapbook layout ideas.<p>If you are an avid scrapper you know how many scrapbooking supplies are available on the market right now. We do our best to kep up with the latest supplies on the market, as well as, basic essentials like paper and adhesives.<p>We offer products from a variety of vendors and designers including Bazzill Cardstock, Junkitz, Lil\' Davis, 7Gypsies, and many more...</b>' .  PROJECT_VERSION . '</b></font>.');

HTH

Tom

Thanks Tom! I am not getting an error message anymore :rolleyes: However, I noticed at the end of the last paragraph, It says:

We offer products from a variety of vendors and designers including Bazzill Cardstock, Junkitz, Lil' Davis, 7Gypsies, and many more...osCommerce 2.2-MS2.

How do I get rid of the osCommerce 2.2-MS2., without getting another error message.

I appreciate all the help very much!

Jodie

This should fix you up.

<p>Where great customer service is our first priority and our goal is to provide you with quality scrapbook supplies at affordable prices. We offer a diverse line of scrapbook supplies including a wide variety of embellishments, albums, Bazzill cardstock, rub-ons, patterned paper, and idea books. Whether you are new to scrapbooking or a seasoned scrapper, we can help make your scrapbook pages beautiful. In addition to our large selection of scrapbook supplies, our forums are an excellent source of inspiration for your scrapbook layout ideas.<p>If you are an avid scrapper you know how many scrapbooking supplies are available on the market right now. We do our best to kep up with the latest supplies on the market, as well as, basic essentials like paper and adhesives.<p>We offer products from a variety of vendors and designers including Bazzill Cardstock, Junkitz, Lil\' Davis, 7Gypsies, and many more....');

Tom

Archived