• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product name character limitation??

I did a search but couldnt find any reference (for some reason me and the search engine here just dont play happy *grin*) ..

I was wondering if anyone happens to know if there is a character limitation on product titles?

Heres whats happening:

Granny Alice's Poop Caddy Bag is the product name (its a pet site)

when using the above product name, the thumbnail image doesnt show. It shows in "whats new, manufacturers page,etc, but not on the product specific page.

If i change product to Granny Caddy Bag, or Poop Caddy Bag, the thumbnail shows up on the product specific page.

Can anybody shed some light on this? (the database entry appears ok. when using the longer name.. both the product name and the image location show up fine --- but the thumbnail just fails to show on the product specific page.

many thnx in advance..

(just need to know if im on the right track, or if i should be looking for a bigger gremlin ---- so far this is the only product ive had trouble adding, i called the product page, "Test page" and it worked fine.. but as soon as i put in the entire / correct product name, the thumbnail disappears faster than the statue of Liberty at a David Copperfield show...)

There is a limit but I believe it is 64 characters and if you need more you can always go into the database and increase it.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

David:

Thanks for your input, I did try escaping the apostrophe, but it didnt produce the result i need..

Richard, thanks, I'll have a look at the database again, although the full title did show up in there. (never hurts to double, and triple check stuff though...)

thanks muchly to you both for taking time to try to get me going in the right direction..

Archived