• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Question about integrating OSC with current site

DallasDogs

I was wondering if it was possible to integrate the shopping cart feature of OSCommerce with my existing site.

Basically I like the way my current site is laid out, but would prefer to implement this shopping cart script.

My inquiry is whether this is possible, and whether there is documentation somewhere on how to do it.

Thanks

-Paul Alexander

I was wondering if it was possible to integrate the shopping cart feature of OSCommerce with my existing site.

Basically I like the way my current site is laid out, but would prefer to implement this shopping cart script.

My inquiry is whether this is possible, and whether there is documentation somewhere on how to do it.

Thanks

Anything is possible but just adding the cart to an existing site would not be an easy chore. osC can be customized to look like pretty much anything you want with some time and energy so what you can do is install it to a seperate folder on your server or local computer and get it to match your current site before you start using it as a production site.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

if all you want is the shopping-cart part, osC makes a poor choice.

you may want to use parts of it as a code repository to find out how to do certain things (i hear paypal is a bitch), but you will probably be better off looking for a shopping-cart only open source.

just my 1.5c...

arod.

Archived