• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Modifying UPS mod

bmac

Hey all,

I need to add 15% to the total UPS shipping rate. Someone suggested that I add a 1.15 multiplier to the 'shipping_rate' (seems like a good solution) but I haven't been able to find it (or anything like it) in the ups.php. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks,

Brian

I need to add 15% to the total UPS shipping rate.

Anyone have any suggestions?

You could perhaps try to amend ups.php. I haven't tried this, but I guess that if you change $cost in $cost*1.15 (see further) that might work?

// Somewhere around line 96
      $methods = array();
       $qsize = sizeof($upsQuote);
       for ($i=0; $i<$qsize; $i++) {
         list($type, $cost) = each($upsQuote[$i]);
         $methods[] = array('id' => $type,
                            'title' => $this->types[$type],
                            'cost' => ($cost*1.15 + MODULE_SHIPPING_UPS_HANDLING) * $shipping_num_boxes);
       }

hey,

thanks for the input. I tried it, however, and it didn't work-- I changed everything back to original, but now I'm getting this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: _ups() in /home/stuart/public_html/mactac/includes/modules/shipping/ups.php on line 86

Any ideas....?

thanks,

Brian

You could perhaps try to amend ups.php. I haven't tried this, but I guess that if you change $cost in $cost*1.15 (see further) that might work?

// Somewhere around line 96
      $methods = array();
       $qsize = sizeof($upsQuote);
       for ($i=0; $i<$qsize; $i++) {
         list($type, $cost) = each($upsQuote[$i]);
         $methods[] = array('id' => $type,
                            'title' => $this->types[$type],
                            'cost' => ($cost*1.15 + MODULE_SHIPPING_UPS_HANDLING) * $shipping_num_boxes);
       }

Did you by accident put a space in between this->_upsNAMEOFFUNCTION in the preceding lines:

$this->_upsOrigin(SHIPPING_ORIGIN_ZIP, $country_name['countries_iso_code_2']);
     $this->_upsDest($order->delivery['postcode'], $order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2']);
     $this->_upsRate(MODULE_SHIPPING_UPS_PICKUP);
     $this->_upsContainer(MODULE_SHIPPING_UPS_PACKAGE);
     $this->_upsWeight($shipping_weight);
     $this->_upsRescom(MODULE_SHIPPING_UPS_RES);
     $upsQuote = $this->_upsGetQuote();

How do you mean it didn't work: no change in the numbers or did you get error message?

Hey there,

When I added the multiplier I got the error regarding line 86 (even though the change wasn't made to line 86). Not sure how the two relate so I just restored the old UPS file. I could try it again & see if I get the same error...

Appreciate your time & help. If you have any other ideas I'd like to hear them. I'll also let you know if the change works this time around. thanks & best,

brian

Did you by accident put a space in between this->_upsNAMEOFFUNCTION in the preceding lines:

$this->_upsOrigin(SHIPPING_ORIGIN_ZIP, $country_name['countries_iso_code_2']);
     $this->_upsDest($order->delivery['postcode'], $order->delivery['country']['iso_code_2']);
     $this->_upsRate(MODULE_SHIPPING_UPS_PICKUP);
     $this->_upsContainer(MODULE_SHIPPING_UPS_PACKAGE);
     $this->_upsWeight($shipping_weight);
     $this->_upsRescom(MODULE_SHIPPING_UPS_RES);
     $upsQuote = $this->_upsGetQuote();

How do you mean it didn't work: no change in the numbers or did you get error message?

When I added the multiplier I got the error regarding line 86 (even though the change wasn't made to line 86). Not sure how the two relate

Me neither, but I sometimes get the weirdest errors when I cut and paste code from a webpage into a php file directly. Perhaps that might explain it?

I tried the multiplication in the UPSXML module (that I use) where rather similar code is used and that worked. I have no explanation why this wouldn't, perhaps put brackets around it?

'cost' => (($cost*1.15) + MODULE_SHIPPING_UPS_HANDLING) * $shipping_num_boxes);
? ? ? ?}

Otherwise I have no further ideas how to solve this other than to work with the array $upsQuote just before that piece of code to multiply $cost by the 1.15 you want. That would be the best moment IMHO.

I think I'll install the UPSXML module & see what I can do. Before that though I'll try the brackets. I'll keep you posted, thanks again.

brian

Me neither, but I sometimes get the weirdest errors when I cut and paste code from a webpage into a php file directly. Perhaps that might explain it?

I tried the multiplication in the UPSXML module (that I use) where rather similar code is used and that worked. I have no explanation why this wouldn't, perhaps put brackets around it?

'cost' => (($cost*1.15) + MODULE_SHIPPING_UPS_HANDLING) * $shipping_num_boxes);
      }

Otherwise I have no further ideas how to solve this other than to work with the array $upsQuote just before that piece of code to multiply $cost by the 1.15 you want. That would be the best moment IMHO.

Archived