• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error on unzip of oscommerce-2.2ms2.tar.tar

pdblizzard

Hello all, this is my first post. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide :thumbsup:

I downloaded oscommerce-2.2ms2.tar.tar from "Download at SourceForge (America)".

I do not have command line rights on my Unix host. I usually download PHP programs to my Windows XP pc and then upload the files to my server via FTP. I assumed I could do the same with OSCommerce.

When I try to unpack on my Windows XP desktop, for upload to my UNIX based server, I get the following Winzip error dialog box:

"Error reading header after processing 0 entries [OK]"

I deleted my file and downloaded again, to a different location on my computer. Same error again.

Is the source file bad, or am I downloading the wrong file? (I am not running IIS on the server, it's unix, so my assumption is I need to download the Unix file.) Help! :blink:

the file is a tar archive, unless you use winrar or some program which has tar capabilities it will not work.

download the zip version, unzip to your local system and then upload to the server.

i keep a copy locally, edit everything there, do all the testing, then send to the web

Archived