• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Mystore error with server

TorontoON

In admin, when I click on Mystore, I get an error...

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.50 (Fedora) Server at www.microdirect.ca Port 80

I checked to see that my configuration file does exists at...

catalog/admin/configuration.php

New at this. Can anyone help? :huh:

configuration.php has nothing to do with it. the files are configure.php

post the catalog/includes/configure.php without the database info, password, username

Here is the catalog/includes/configure.php

<?php

/*

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.microdirect.ca'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', ''); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.microdirect.ca');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/var/www/html/catalog/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', '127.0.0.1'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxxxxxxxxx');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxxxxx');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'microdirect_ca_-_oscommerce2');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

?>

I hope this is what you meant by your instructions.

That looks okay, with the exception of this line

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

change to this

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

Also, when you say that you get the error when you click on MyStore, are you referring to the osCommerce 'admin' folder? Have you renamed the 'admin' folder? If so then post the code for catalog/admin/includes/configure.php.

Finally, how long has your domain been located on that server. If it's less than 48-72 hours it could simply be that the domain has not yet fully propagated on the server.

Vger

change to this

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

Also, when you say that you get the error when you click on MyStore, are you referring to the osCommerce 'admin' folder?  Have you renamed the 'admin' folder? If so then post the code for catalog/admin/includes/configure.php.

Finally, how long has your domain been located on that server.  If it's less than 48-72 hours it could simply be that the domain has not yet fully propagated on the server.

Vger

change to this

Also, when you say that you get the error when you click on MyStore, are you referring to the osCommerce 'admin' folder?  Have you renamed the 'admin' folder? If so then post the code for catalog/admin/includes/configure.php.

Finally, how long has your domain been located on that server.  If it's less than 48-72 hours it could simply be that the domain has not yet fully propagated on the server.

Vger

I changed the STORE_SESSIONS to 'mysql' but it did not fix the problem.

When I uploaded the catalog folder to the server, it uploaded all files except the

catalog\includes\configure.php file. The server did not allow it to overwrite it's version that existed there.

I blew away the file and then it uploaded the configure.php file.

Are ALL the files including (catalog\includes\configure.php) supposed to be uploaded when you upload catalog folder, or is the server protecting it because it contains the server settings?

When I uploaded the catalog folder to the server, it uploaded all files except the

catalog\includes\configure.php file. The server did not allow it to overwrite it's version that existed there.

In which case you must have been trying to reinstall, am I right? If the correct permissions were set on that file then it would have been 'read only' and would have needed permissions to be reset before it could have been overwritten.

The problem could have been due to an existing .htaccess file. It's good advice to download your existing .htaccess file from the root directory, then delete it from the root directory. Install osCommerce, delete osCommerce's .htaccess file, and upload your saved original .htaccess file.

Vger

Archived