• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to Intergrate Cp and Template

Jdextreme

Hello,

I am a newbie when it comes to Oscommerce. My question is, once I purchase my Oscommerce template, how do I install it into the Oscommerce Cp?

Thanks,

Johmel Galloway

Installing a template is not plug and play. You will need to replace the seperate images in your existing store with the ones from the template, replace or make the needed changes to your stylesheet, and depending on the template you may need to make additional code changes.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Installing a template is not plug and play. You will need to replace the seperate images in your existing store with the ones from the template, replace or make the needed changes to your stylesheet, and depending on the template you may need to make additional code changes.

I see. My hosting already comes with OC installed, so all I have to do is some how find the files with the current OC and switch them with the template that I purchase?

Why is it that the template that I have in the link in my first post so much cheaper than most others and what is the differnce if I use a OC template or any other as long as it installed in OC? The only reason why I want to use OC is because its a lot easier to add products and I dont have to use HTML.

i hope you didn't pay to much for that template!

im sure it will suit your needs just fine but that kind of template would be fairly simple to construct!

if you have no design skills that would be another story! but seeing as you know a few things about osc (i suppose) im sure you do!

but to answer your question: how did you get the template, what format?? images html??

if you can give those answers ill be able to tell you, not all template vendors send their templates in the same format.

so.... how did you get yours?

i hope you didn't pay to much for that template!

im sure it will suit your needs just fine but that kind of template would be fairly simple to construct!

if you have no design skills that would be another story! but seeing as you know a few things about osc (i suppose) im sure you do!

but to answer your question: how did you get the template, what format?? images html??

if you can give those answers ill be able to tell you, not all template vendors send their templates in the same format.

so.... how did you get yours?

I didnt buy it yet but I think that I will, it comes with everything on this page,http://www.templateshopper.com/product_info.php?products_id=55 I actually do not know much about OC, but I do Know HTML, CSS and a bit of java.

Archived