• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

please help!!!!

vicfeder

If you are on a shared server (most likely you are) then php.ini is owned by the server (your hosting company) and not by you - and so you don't have access to it. You can ask them but I doubt they'll turn register_globals to 'on'. I think there's a workaround posted somewhere in these forums for this problem - but you will have to spend some time searching for it - unless someone jumps in with the answer.

Vger

• 2 weeks later...
If you are on a shared server (most likely you are) then php.ini is owned by the server (your hosting company) and not by you - and so you don't have access to it.  You can ask them but I doubt they'll turn register_globals to 'on'.  I think there's a workaround posted somewhere in these forums for this problem - but you will have to spend some time searching for it - unless someone jumps in with the answer.

Vger

I'd give me right arm for this workaround! I suspect there are a lot of people with the same problem as me. If anyone knows of a working solution plz plz post it! :(

many thanks

There is a fix here in the forums or on wiki (maybe both). I don't recall what it is since I don't use it. But search for htaccess and register globals. You should be able to find it farily quickly.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived