• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PHP Warning:

Why does it try to require main(includes/languages/.php)? - That isn't even a file!

How do I fix this because I get the following errors:

PHP Warning: main(includes/languages/.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\Ensim\Sitedata\kitchenadv\Inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\includes\application_top.php on line 285 PHP Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\Program Files\Ensim\Sitedata\kitchenadv\Inetpub\wwwroot\catalog\includes\application_top.php on line 285

usually means application not setup properly or the file permissions are not correct. as this is probably a new install, try it again. or post your configure.php files without including the db info, password, username (make sure those are filled in)

usually means application not setup properly or the file permissions are not correct.  as this is probably a new install, try it again.  or post your configure.php files without including the db info, password, username (make sure those are filled in)

Thanks for the help!

See, the problem I don't understand is that /admin/includes/configure.php is set up the same way as /catalog/includes/configure.php on my store yet my admin works but catalog gives me the above errors.

Here is how I've set up the catalog's configure.php:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.kitchenadventures.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', ''); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']));
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection
 define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '********);
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '********');
 define('DB_DATABASE', '********');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

these are empty:

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');

they need info in there, domain needs www.domain.com

cookie path and catalog need either / or /catalog/

depending upon what you are doing. so if both are the same, meand both catalgo and admin are not working.

is why i recommended ireinstall.

Why does it try to require main(includes/languages/.php)? - That isn't even a file!

the attempt to set the $language var failed. should say "includes/languages/english.php"

i had exactly the same problem today. it was a cookie issue for me (could tell b/c the page loads correctly the first time and successive page loads failed b/c the language couldn't be found)

i don't understand why this worked, but, all i had to do was turn the local php value of register_globals on using .htacess file and everything was fine.

you'll still need to set the cookie vars in the configure.php files like mibble said. hope this helps

here's the .htacess incase you need it

php_value register_globals 1

• 2 months later...
the attempt to set the $language var failed. should say "includes/languages/english.php"

i had exactly the same problem today. it was a cookie issue for me (could tell b/c the page loads correctly the first time and successive page loads failed b/c the language couldn't be found)

i don't understand why this worked, but, all i had to do was turn the local php value of register_globals on using .htacess file and everything was fine.

you'll still need to set the cookie vars in the configure.php files like mibble said. hope this helps

here's the .htacess incase you need it

php_value register_globals 1

Can elaborate more on that? I am having the same problem with line 285.

Are you saying create an .htaccess file? In which directory? Then just paste that line you suggest?

Archived