• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newbie needs help

kevinritt

Hi everyone,

I am trying to set up a scrapbooking supply site. I have all the product info, images, and I designed a template to use. I want to customize the OSCommerce script to fit my template. Should I use an STS? If so, how do I put all my info into the template and where?

I need some direction if anyone can help. The template that I am using is being developed and can be found here Affordable Scrapbooking Company

Thanks,

Kevin :blink:

STS is the easiest solution.

In the contribution download you will find detailed instructions on how to use, plus additional pointers for other FAQ pages etc.

HTH

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

STS certainly makes things a little easier,but I have found that it's not the answer to life, the universe and everything.

It helps with the layout of pages but if you require any non-standard content then you still have to get your hands dirty.

Looking at your template I would have thought that it would be easy enough to replicate in STS.

Here's a top tip though: If you use STS and the Header Tags contrib (which you will, of course :D) install STS first then you do not need to modify every file for the Header Tags (as I did :( ).

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

To understand Recursion, first one must understand Recursion.

Archived