• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google not indexing individual product pages

Madman00

Google and major search engines have us indexed, but only our category pages, such as http://store.com/index.php/cPath/34

It's not indexing the individual product pages like below.

http://store.com/product_info.php/cPath/34/products_id/704

As a matter of fact i did find some product pages that were indexed. but very few. And those few pages that i found indexed usually rank in top 10 , which leaves you thinking if google indexed all the individual product pages, high ranking might occur on most of those pages. we have over 1000 items on the site and only few of those product pages are indexed. I only seem to find search results for our categories and not the actual product page.

We have the sid killer installed. SEF turned on in control panel. We have the meta tage generator for unique header per product. Title of every product page always maches the title of the actual product.

We've had the site for almost 2 years now. What is causing the problem.

Help is appriciated.

Google usually indexes all prodcut pages from OSC eventually, even without liting a finger. Providing them with unique titles for each product will help, and certainly ensuring that Google isn't being assigned an SID will help as well.

Lots of things can determine when you are fully indexed.

How long ago did you turn on SEF URLS?

How long ago did you install the SID killer?

Are you sure the SID killer is working?

How long ago did you add the meta tag generator?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.