• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sql database not working anymore

Hi,

I'm a new user and was trying to get the products table to only display the fields I want. I deleted some of the extra fields, and all went well.........until I found my site doesn't work anymore.

The database only had the default products in it, thankfully. No backups were taken, and I was wondering if I can :

re-import the database (assuming I get a copy of it) or

delete the whole database and starta again, but I think it'll be a completely empty database with no OSCommerce links etc

Besides telling me to take a backup of my database first before making any changes, what's the best way forward ?

I have printouts of the php files I've changed - all 4 of them, so I'm tempted to uninstall and reinstall OSCommerce.

To stop me making a fool out of myself, what's the best way of removing the extra fields when I get my database back ?

Nick

Did your site break after deleting the fields because the database was corrupted or because the code was trying to read those fields? If the former, then go into phpmyadmin and try to repair the DB (there is a button for that). If the latter, you will need to alter the code, as well as the DB, before it will work.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Did your site break after deleting the fields because the database was corrupted or because the code was trying to read those fields?  If the former, then go into phpmyadmin and try to repair the DB (there is a button for that).  If the latter, you will need to alter the code, as well as the DB, before it will work.

Jack

The site worked fine with the default products. I thought I didn't need some fields so I dropped them in the database, it is now less than optimal.

I'll uninstall and reinstall OSCommerce, so it recreates the database again.

Thanks anyway

The site worked fine with the default products. I thought I didn't need some fields so I dropped them in the database, it is now less than optimal.

I'll uninstall and reinstall OSCommerce, so it recreates the database again.

Thanks anyway

I cheated. I recreated another store and backed up the database, renamed it and uploaded as the original - and made a backup again, jut in case.

Archived