• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Primary address field

ctmiller

The primary address field check box does not get checked by default in my out of box oscommerce milestone2. This is causing havoc with my users as none of them can seem to do this themselves. They then can't order because shipping modules have no default_address_id to work from. I have to go into the mysql manually each day fix the default_address_id to 1 for each new customer. I then have to email the customer so that they can order. A horrible situation. I have even placed instructions to remember to set the check box when a new customer createa an account and they still cant seem to remember.

Yest the default_address_id is set a value of one but somehow gets set to null when checkbox not set.

So my question. Where and how do you change oscommerce to automatically set the check box for a default address. it is a problem that I have seen other people ask and have yet to see an answer for. I know :) that someone in here can give me the php and what module to put it in to fix the code. I know tons of programming languages but have not dived into this one yet. I would even pay a modest fee for someone to fix this glitch.

please help

ted

Archived