• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

a Jewelry Shop!

moonlitsun

1) You need to install header tags.

2) Some of your product pics are a bit large (bytes).

3) Your product pics look funny, like they are flattened. Try playing around with the size in admin.

4) For your catagory pics, can you make them on the same colored background as the rest of the site, ie blue.

5) When viewing a product the "product brand" logo in the right column is bigger than the box, looks very unprofessional.

6) "Shipments outside United States are acceptable for volume orders (i.e. 50+ units) via Cashier's Check, Money Order, or Bank Wire Transfer.: I am not sure if "for" is the correct word to use there.

7) Some of your boxes have spaces between them, others don't.

Nice store, stock but nice.

Peter

1) You need to install header tags.

2) Some of your product pics are a bit large (bytes).

3) Your product pics look funny, like they are flattened.? Try playing around with the size in admin.

4) For your catagory pics, can you make them on the same colored background as the rest of the site, ie blue.

5) When viewing a product the "product brand" logo in the right column is bigger than the box, looks very unprofessional.

6) "Shipments outside United States are acceptable for volume orders (i.e. 50+ units) via Cashier's Check, Money Order, or Bank Wire Transfer.: I am not sure if "for" is the correct word to use there.

7) Some of your boxes have spaces between them, others don't.

Nice store, stock but nice.

Peter

Peter,

Thanks for the input. We're installing dynamic headers as we speak. Unfortunately, the web server this site is hosted on doesnt have GD Image Library preinstalled, meaning proportional thumbnails cant be automatically generated. We have decided it's best to move this client to another server that can support such a basic function.

We'll go ahead and make the category logos transparent.

Not sure how to get the product brand logo to fit within the box dimensions...any suggestions other than resizing the category image headers entirely from Admin?

We'll clean up the spaces between the boxes as well.

Thx Again!

Carpe Carp: Seize the Fish.

Nice look to the boxes. I'm not sure I personally like the graphic down the left side. I'd check out 800x600 displays to see if it works.

The Search box graphic is a redX, and goes outside the left column boundary.

You have US Dollars and Euros - don't forget that the only native English speaking country in Europe uses Pounds! Also, for an international store it's a bit US-centric to have the dollar sign on the box header for currencies.

For your keywords, the UK Eglish spelling is "jewellery" so you may want to find some way to get that in your text or ALT tags.

Speaking of ALT tags, your site isn't easily readble by those with visual impairment as you don't have ALT tags on the boxes' headers (as far as I can tell).

DO you only sell to businesses? Your shipping policy days:

If your company desires to ship an item outside the United States (including Alaska & Hawaii), please contact us in advance to confirm accurate shipping costs.

yet I can add it to the cart. Not sre what hapens in checkout though.

I like the colour combinations, and the product pics are nice.

Ian

Your store is nice ! I would like to change my Oscommerce design like yours, do you mind to share some information on the design company, price etc. I appreciate your help.

Ok, osCommers....

We're building a bit more code to clean up the site (i.e. proportional image thumbnails, etc).  However, it is nearly complete.

Visit:  a Jewelry Shop

Please let me know your thoughts!

Thx Again for Your Wonderful Input.

Ian,

The vast majority of this company's sales will be within the U.S. However, i agree about the British pounds and will suggest that he ask for it to be added.

We're still adding the header tags controller contribution to make the site more visible as well.

Thx

Carpe Carp: Seize the Fish.

Archived