• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product attributes small,medium,large not in order

Mark-UK

OK ive worked out how to add product attributes and the only thing is they are not in order ie small at the top then medium then large then x large when you click on the drop down box field.

What do I need to do as I presume its a simple thing.

OK ive worked out how to add product attributes and the only thing is they are not in order ie small at the top then medium then large then x large when you click on the drop down box field.

What do I need to do as I presume its a simple thing.

Hi,

Same question here. I added the option color to a lot of products. For every product I used the same order in adding the colors: grey, then black and then ivory.

What happens now, is that the order of options in their pull-down menu is not the same for all products. One product has ivory as default color, another product has black as default color. This is not very useful if a customer wants to order several products with the same color. Why is this happening??

Regards,

Edze

There are some contributions (search for "attributes") that do lots of things with attributes including sorting.

If you just want to have the attributes sorted in the order you added them to the database then add that column to the sort query as follows.

Change This

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select

pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name,

pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " .

TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . "

pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'

and pa.options_id = '" . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] .

"' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and

pov.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");

to this:

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select

pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name,

pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " .

TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . "

pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'

and pa.options_id = '" . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] .

"' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and

pov.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by

pa.options_values_id");

HTH

Tom

Forgot to say,

catalog/product_info.php

Tom

Thanks but i dont understand, do i change this in the online admin centre or do i ftp the product_info.php page across to my desktop and change the code there then reload back.

Ive just had a look for the code on the product_info.php page on my site and cant find it.

Please help, if it is the ftp route what exactly is the filepath to that page as i notice theres more then 1 as well.

Thanks

Around line 134 in the file product_info.php. This file should be in the "root" folder that you have installed osCommerce. Normally, the folder is "catalog".

Yes you should edit the file locally and then ftp it back to your site. Or if your host has provide a good editor under your "Control Panel" or such then you should save the original file then make your changes.

Tom

Around line 134 in the file product_info.php. This file should be in the "root" folder that you have installed osCommerce. Normally, the folder is "catalog".

Yes you should edit the file locally and then ftp it back to your site. Or if your host has provide a good editor under your "Control Panel" or such then you should save the original file then make your changes.

Tom

thanks for that, dont think i can find a catolog folder though, ive looked and not located it.

Archived