• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Question About "What's New Here?" on index

Hey guys,

I hope someone here has an answer for me. I am wanting to change the color of the text that reads "What's New Here?" on the index page of my store. I have checked in the stylesheet and found several possible places where text color can be changed but being the php idiot that I am, I do not know which one controls the color of that phrase on the index. Could someone please tell me what I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be given.

TheRune

Hey guys,

I hope someone here has an answer for me. I am wanting to change the color of the text that reads "What's New Here?" on the index page of my store. I have checked in the stylesheet and found several possible places where text color can be changed but being the php idiot that I am, I do not know which one controls the color of that phrase on the index. Could someone please tell me what I should be looking for?

Personally, I would not attempt to change that in the stylesheet. I would got to catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php . Look near the bottom of the file for a line that starts with "define('HEADING_TITLE', ' ". At that point you can not only change the color, but the entire phrase if you wish. For example, mine looks like this:

define('HEADING_TITLE', '<font color="#0000FF"><strong><strong><font size="5">Howdy!</strong></font></big>');

Hope this helps.

Remember to backup before changing any files.

Archived