• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Resetting The Order ID Value

Yoman

There's the order number resetting instruction on http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/Tips_and_Tricks/31 but I totally don't know what it's talking about.

Anyone can help? Which file I should modify and how?

OK, I'll step up to this...

What product do you use to access your mySQL tables and manipulate your data?

For instance, if you use the MySQL Control Center, there's a SQL button that allows you to enter commands directly.

Others use the PHPMyAdmin product.

At the very least, you can open up a command prompt, invoke mysql directly, access your database and issue the command.

Hope that helps.

Larry

OK, I'll step up to this...

What product do you use to access your mySQL tables and manipulate your data?

For instance, if you use the MySQL Control Center, there's a SQL button that allows you to enter commands directly.

Others use the PHPMyAdmin product.

At the very least, you can open up a command prompt, invoke mysql directly, access your database and issue the command.

Hope that helps.

Larry

I use cpanel and it has the phpmyadmin installed. Nevertheless, I don't know phpmyadmin totally. How to access my database and issue the command? Thanks, Larry.

i suggest going to the phpmyadmin site or search the internet for phpmyadmin tutorial it will show you how to access your databae and manipulate it.

then you can open the database, edit the orders database and change the order #.

in my opinion the order # doesnt make a bit of difference, the customer does not see it until after the order is processed. so if you are trying to change it to make your store look older and bigger than what it is, easy for someone to tell by your domain name registration, how old that is, etc if they really want to know things.

Archived