• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

images directory does not exist

Lamont

Just migrated oscommerce to a IIS server. The only problem I've experienced so far is I get an error "Catalog images directory does not exist...", and image uploading fails. Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

Just migrated oscommerce to a IIS server. The only problem I've experienced so far is I get an error "Catalog images directory does not exist...", and image uploading fails. Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

First off does your images directory exist? If so then check and see where osC is looking for it and make the needed changes to the path in your configure.php file so that it is pointing to the correct location. Another thing to double check is your permissions on the images directory, if they are set so that it is not readable then you may also get that error message.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

First off does your images directory exist? If so then check and see where osC is looking for it and make the needed changes to the path in your configure.php file so that it is pointing to the correct location. Another thing to double check is your permissions on the images directory, if they are set so that it is not readable then you may also get that error message.

osC is saying /catalog/images does not exist. The images folder does exist. Let me clarify that this error is at the top of /catalog/admin/categories.php in the admin control panel. Images is also readable and writable by a few users. The error will change according to what I put in the configure.php file. So say I change the path in admin/include/configure.php to read images/some_subdirectory/, osC will then report that images/some_subdirectory does not exist. Even though the directory does exist and is readable. Now, is there a specific user that needs to be able to read that directory or could there be somewhere besides the 2 configure.php files that I may need to change? Thanks for responding.

Archived