• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Install errors

LMK

Database Import = successful

osCommerce configuration = successful

However, got this list of errors on "step 7" of the install although it says the install was successful.

PHP Warning: fopen(d:/home/hnt14a186/catalog/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in d:\home\hnt14a186\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 209 PHP Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in d:\home\hnt14a186\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 210 PHP Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in d:\home\hnt14a186\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 211 PHP Warning: fopen(d:/home/hnt14a186/catalog/admin/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in d:\home\hnt14a186\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 259 PHP Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in d:\home\hnt14a186\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 260 PHP Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in d:\home\hnt14a186\catalog\install\templates\pages\install_7.php on line 261

When I click on "Adminstration tool" I get this error

Unable to connect to database server!PHP Warning: mysql_connect(): Access

denied for user: 'mysql@localhost' (Using password: NO) in

d:\home\hnt14a186\catalog\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 19

I have my web host onboard to assist, they recommended osCommerce to me!! Is there anything I need to tell them to check/change? I am ready to make whatever changes need be to the config files on my end.

Where should I be looking?

Thanks,

L

Not that it's much of a comfort but you are not alone in experiencing this particular error as you can see from this thread.

All I can say is that I'm looking around for another shopping cart since it doesn't look like anyone can figure out what is causing this particular problem . . . other than operator error that is.

Not that it's much of a comfort but you are not alone in experiencing this particular error as you can see from this thread.

All I can say is that I'm looking around for another shopping cart since it doesn't look like anyone can figure out what is causing this particular problem . . . other than operator error that is.

You know what? I fixed the error. The info that was in your thread was partially a help, but the biggest part was the permission rights on the server. I changed some of the settings in the configuration.php and thought I miraclously fixed the problem. At exactly the same time, my host support loosened the persmissions because I complained to them :blink: .

(I installed osCommerce smooth as glass 3 weeks ago, ADmin and everything worked fine...then came back to work on it again this week and got all these stupid error messages. :(

My attempting reinstalls didn't do a darn thing. All along it was the rights access at the server. Kill me. <_<

Anywho, make sure those persmissions are set to max. on your install, you can always lock them down later (Windows server install), when you are done. :thumbsup:

I'm so happy, I could cry :P

Congrats! And thanks for sharing how you got osCommerce to successfully install. I'm off to contact my host in the hopes your solution will work in my situation.

Anywho, make sure those persmissions are set to max. on your install, you can always lock them down later (Windows server install), when you are done.  :thumbsup:

I have had the exact same errors as you.

What files to I need to change permissions of? Just configure.php?

Thanks,

Andrea

I changed permissions to max on configure.php and still receive the same errors, I especially note I got an error under /catalog because I changed configure.php to max permissions.

Please help!

Andrea

I am also having this problem since yesterday, and am just now finding this thread. I am trying to install localy using IIS 5 (a test lab to play around in). mysql and php seem to be working fine, its this install_7.php that kicking my ##***. I'll try with the permissions thing, if anybody has anything specific to IIS, don't be shy!

Still haven't been able to install to my website (waiting to hear back from my host about changing the permissions).

I have made some progress on setting it up locally. Installation resulted in not one error (Hurrah!). I can access the catalog no problem. The admin panel is a different story. Get the following error message:

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in D:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\classes\upload.php on

line 31

Any ideas on what I need to do?

This error is not your fault, but due to a bug in php 5. All you have to do to get rid of it is to go to the file, and where it says '$this' change it to '//$this'. Problem sorted.

Vger

Still haven't been able to install to my website (waiting to hear back from my host about changing the permissions).

I have made some progress on setting it up locally.  Installation resulted in not one error (Hurrah!).  I can access the catalog no problem.  The admin panel is a different story.  Get the following error message:

Any ideas on what I need to do?

Thanks for the super quick reply, Vger. That did the trick!

I can tell it's time for me to take a break. I'd read the known bug issue with php 5 and thought I had php 4. Didn't even think to check the version before posting.

Windows 2003

IIS6

MySQL 4.0.21

PHP 4.3.9.9

I went to the top level of my site and gave the IUSR_computername modify permissions and carried them down through the directories and it worked!

Thank you!

Retro77

I went to the top level of my site and gave the IUSR_computername modify permissions and carried them down through the directories and it worked!

For the "uninitiated" could you please explain what windows / steps you used to do that - modify permissions action?

Thanks!

Larry

Archived