• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

managing files

maternalinstincts

HELP?

I am trying to change the text on the welcome page.

I found and copied the file (twice) from catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php

In Notepad, I made the changes as per instructions on welcome page. I pasted it back in the catalog/includes/languages/english/index.php folder. But no luck.....Parse error.....

Then Assuming I had made a mistake in code somehow, I deleted the altered text, and pasted the original text back in. I am still unable to open this site. It is still saying parse error. Why is it being so picky, and what can I do?

Cathy :'(

this is caused by the online file manager to which you are pasting the code into, it is removing backslashes from the code which is giving the parse error.

it is better to use an ftp program such as ws_ftp to download the file edit offline and then ftp upload

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

OK, so I have figured out how to download/upload using filezila, and am editing in notepad. That did help alot, because at least the page is accessable now. but only if I don't enter any text at all. EXAMPLE:

Define('TEXT_MAIN'............) must read: Define() if I am to have access to the site at all. And even then, for some reason it still says "TEXT_MAIN" under the welcome guest message.

Cathy

OK, so I have figured out how to download/upload using filezila, and am editing in notepad.? That did help alot, because at least the page is accessable now. but only if I don't enter any text at all. EXAMPLE:

Define('TEXT_MAIN'............)? ? must read:? ? Define()? ? if I am to have access to the site at all.? And even then, for some reason it still says "TEXT_MAIN" under the welcome guest message.

Cathy

the line should read

define('TEXT_MAIN', 'Your text to be added here');

Steve - if you could read this also I would be curious since you note that the filemanager removes the backslashes - does it use stripslashes() and also the note about the products description on this post..... I will edit it if I am off on what I explained -

other post about this

Archived