• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

More trouble with configurations

lord_newbie

ok, first I couldn't log on because when I click log on, it says page cannot be found or something like that

it was suggested that I change the define enble _ssl true to define enable false, and I did.

Now, I can go to the log in page, but I'm lost. How do I log on? at first I thought admin as my screen name alone with the password I set of during the installation, like with my other site, a phpbb site, but it's asking for my email. I did me email, but what do I do for the password?

also, along the top in pink, it says "Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /var/www/html/nnffshop/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file."

that's the config file that I changed as suggested at http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=116939&hl=

the site is at www.nnff.net/nnffshop if you care to look. don't worry about messing it up, it's only a test site so I get my feet wet here, and I have extra protection at my server to protect my other sites

YES! I'm not the only one with this problem. that was sorta easy. from http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=116939&hl=

Do you have a ssl certificate? If not you need to open up the two configure.php files and change the following line to false

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

to

define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

If you do have one then you need to check your HTTPS: paths in the same two files.

the one I changed was in /catalog/includes/configure.php, but they said there was two.

could the lack of changing the second config file be my problem? where is the second located?

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /var/www/html/nnffshop/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file."

FTP to your site, go to the file, right click on it, select Operations, tnen FTP commands then CHMOD and set the file permission to 400 - problem solved.

Vger

Archived