• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Database Backup Manager error

ezgoing

I am having problems with the Database Backup Manager . When I go into it to try and retreive a back up I receive the following error message:

Error: Backup directory is not writeable.

It appears the reason it is unwriteable is that it has the wrong directory listed:

Backup Directory: /hsphere/local/home/system1/edseward.com//admin/backups/

As you can see it has two / after the domain name and before admin/backups/

I have searched backup.php and the other files contained in this file to try and determine where the directory /hsphere/local/home/system1/edseward.com//admin/backups/ is written so I can remove the extra /

But I can not find it.

Can anybody help me with this problem? Am I correct in that the back up directory is being written wrong, causing the error message?

Any help will be appreciated.

Ed

I am having problems with the Database Backup Manager .  When I go into it to try and retreive a back up I receive the following error message:

Error: Backup directory is not writeable.

It appears the reason it is unwriteable is that it has the wrong directory listed:

Backup Directory: /hsphere/local/home/system1/edseward.com//admin/backups/

As you can see it has two / after the domain name and before admin/backups/

I have searched backup.php and the other files contained in this file to try and determine where the directory /hsphere/local/home/system1/edseward.com//admin/backups/ is written so I can remove the extra /

But I can not find it.

Can anybody help me with this problem?  Am I correct in that the back up directory is being written wrong, causing the error message?

Any help will be appreciated.

Ed

I found the error. I had the backup directory set to 755 as I do not like to have any directory set to 777. But it appears that it will not work unless set to 777.

I set it at 777 and it worked. So I guess I will set it at 755 unless I am going to make or restore a back up, change it to 777 for that period, then change it back to 755 after the operation.

Ed

Archived