• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP!!!

Daredevil

Good morning,

I have installed OSCommerce last monday. Everything is working fine. I added alot of products. But since Wednesday I have had some major problems:

When I try to add a new product now it times out. I cant figure out why. I have updated mysql in my server and phpMyAdmin. Even if i try to go into phpMyAdmin and change a product description or something, it just hangs. This isnt normal. I can add Categories and things without a problem, when When i try to add a new product it hangs. I have had this problem before on Tuesday, and then I waited an hour or so and tried again and it worked. But now it just stopped working. Can anyone tell me what is wrong? I have to present this to a client of mine on Monday! And I still hav elike 25 products or so to add.

I have had this problem before on Tuesday, and then I waited an hour or so and tried again and it worked.

We had problems like this before we upgraded for these boards - it is due to traffic/mySQL queries.

You say that you have this problem with phpmyadmin - this again points to problem with your server, not osCommerce - since you have just upgraded mySQL I would suggest you try their boards for a solution :D

Matti

I upgraded mySQL because I was having this problem. Otherwise I wouldnt have upgraded. I can use other programs like boards and stuff and it works fine. I can set other options in the oscommerce Admin panel and it works fine. But adding or altering a product does not work. I just altered some products through phpMyAdmin perfectly fine. And then I tried in the Admin panel, and it worked. But when I tried to Add another product right after that, it ddi the same thing, it timedout. And now i cant even edit other products.

Ok - what contributions have you installed that have touched the admin/categories.php file or those it calls?

I did a small job today for a client - somebody had altered a mySQL query in a file - the page would not load.... it used 100% CPU resources and almost all the memory trying to open the page :P

Point is, this is not normal for a stock osCommerce, so check the queries, particularly in the main file.

So what did this mean? -

Even if i try to go into phpMyAdmin and change a product description or something, it just hangs.

Matti

Archived