• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

migration trouble

jckm2000

Hi Folks,

Ok first off I'm a newbie here so please keep it simple...lol. I am in the process of migrating a site from one server to another. I have managed to sort out a number of issues aroud the site but now it's my shop that I need to get sorted.

the shop is situated here:

www.she-bites.com/shop/

As you can see the page is not loading properly and if you click around you'll see that all links from here are being called from the old address eg:

http://shebites.evolutionaryvisions.com/sh...roducts_new.php

but the address shoud be:

http://www.she-bites.com/shop/products_new.php

I cannot see where I can change these paths in oscommerce. Can any one tell me where to look for these entries?

Cheers,

Jon.

:'(

Hi Folks,

Ok first off I'm a newbie here so please keep it simple...lol. I am in the process of migrating a site from one server to another. I have managed to sort out a number of issues aroud the site but now it's my shop that I need to get sorted.

www.she-bites.com/shop/

As you can see the page is not loading properly and if you click around you'll see that all links from here are being called from the old address eg:

I cannot see where I can change these paths in oscommerce. Can any one tell me where to look for these entries?

Cheers,

Jon.

catalog/includes/configure.php

admin/includes/configure.php

greetz john

Hi Folks,

www.she-bites.com/shop/

Cheers,

Jon.

did you move all your osc files from the old server to the new one???

does your new server have cpanel and fantastico(so you can do a fresh install??)

i think the best thing to do is backup your files and do a new install of osc and then just replace the files with your content in.

Hi PPL,

I have moved the osc files over and I don't have a cpanel or fantastico installed on my server.

I don't have a 'catalog' directory and my admin/includes/configure.php is all set to the correct URL. I do however have a file named 'catalog.php' in /shop/admin/includes/boxes that has the following code:

<?php

$heading = array();

$contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_CATALOG,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog'));

if ($selected_box == 'catalog') {

$contents[] = array('text' =>

//Admin begin

// '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' .

// '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .

// '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS . '</a><br>' .

// '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS . '</a><br>' .

// '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS . '</a><br>' .

// '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a>');

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS) .

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES) .

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS) .

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_REVIEWS, BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS) .

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_SPECIALS, BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS) .

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED));

//Admin end

}

Could this '<a href="' . tep_href_link............... be the source of the problem?

cheers,

Jon.

Even though you do not have a catalog directory you still need to change both the configure.php files. These are the only two files you need to change when moving your site. Since you have no catalog you need to change

includes/configure.php

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Even though you do not have a catalog directory you still need to change both the configure.php files. These are the only two files you need to change when moving your site. Since you have no catalog you need to change

includes/configure.php

I'm also doing a migration. Does this mean that I can simply overwrite all the files in the new install with my files, configure these two files and I'll be up??

Thanks in advance. >_<

Archived