• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Promotional Codes

kgilrain

Does anyone have any idea how I might add a line on the payment/checkout page that allows the user to enter a promotional code and then have the program automatically calculate a discount percentage? I am very new to this so I apologize in advance if this is very easy and I missed it.

search contibutions think ive seen one in there that does that

:'( wow, I think I saw one somewhere also, mmm, maybe maybe not :blink:

Right In contributions you could look for ccgv - Credit Class & Gift Voucher contribution, or use this link:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...all/search,ccgv

I hope this helps a little more than the previous post. :thumbsup:

I think I am confused or was not clear enough. I did search through some of the files and they all look great but I am looking for one that does specifically the following:

-I want to be able to give out promotional codes to different people for different discounts (i.e. promo code 1105 will give you 20% off; promo code 1234 will give you 15% off...etc...)

-I want to have the user add their code (if they have one) to the checkout page and have the discount calculated based on which code they enter

-this would also allow me to track where the sale came from..for example if I give out code 1234 at a party I know that the customer was at that party.

I have seen this on sites, but cannot find it now. I was wondering if there is a way to do this with OS Commerce??

Thank you for all your help and comments.

Archived