• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is this program for me???

yarnaholic1963

Hello. I'm wondering if OScommerce is something I can handle. I'm not familiar with much of any of this, but read about it on the oscommerce site and it sounds like something I'd like to try. I did download the program and thought I was going to be able to actually install it, but seem to have come up against a brick wall. I uploaded the oscommerce.php file to my domain -- was I supposed to do this (is this the database server)? I'm quite confused about this entire process and am seriously wondering if I'm in over my head. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. Also, what are modules? And is OScommerce completely free or do you end up paying for different features to get it to function properly? Are these the "modules"? I have over 7000 products on my site right now and am looking at adding several thousand more and REALLY need something that's going to allow me to add many items easily. Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

read the knowledge base, it ilsts the minimum requirements and what is required to install.

10000 products is a drop in a bicket for mysql

Archived