• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ssl sometimes doesn't work

Benschman

I'm running an oscommerce shop for several month now. Everything works fine but there are some problems with the ssl section:

Some customers get the page not found error when they are already in the ssl section. For example when they entered their password or change their adress. The problem might occur on any browser and any system.

Details

I'm using a differnt domain for the checkout procedure which is ssl protected. I had to change a lot of things that this works but it works properly.

The error occurs on none of my systems frequently - e. g. when I try testing I may have the page not found one time - maybe twotimes. But I have customers who have this problem always

The error leaves nothing in the error log on the server. The log says, everything is fine.

The problem occurs only with some customers. The site has more than 4.000 visitors per day and most of the customers have no problem.

If someone has the page not found error he might solve the problem by clicking on the refresh button several times.

I'm searching now for 6 weeks and have no idea anymore. It might be a problem of proxy servers. Could also be something with the validation of the certificate. It seems to me that the problem occurs only on pages with a redirect which happens on nearly all pages of the checkout procedure.

Does anyone have an idea?

Details

I'm using a differnt domain for the checkout procedure which is ssl protected. I had to change a lot of things that this works but it works properly.

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions. I just have a question. How did you use different domain for the checkout? Did you have to install osCommerce on both servers. Or did you just move all the checkout files over to the ssl protected server?

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions. I just have a question. How did you use different domain for the checkout? Did you have to install osCommerce on both servers. Or did you just move all the checkout files over to the ssl protected server?

The domains are on the same server. The reason is simply that I have only one IP on that server but I'm going to run different shops on the server. So I decided to have one checkout domain. the oscommerce directory is simply symlinked and of course it is still the same database. That works properly - with and without cookies. The problem does not occur while changing the domain. It appears while the customer is on the ssl-domain.

I've tested again and tried to change the redirect method in general.php. I added some header tags which tell any proxys NOT to store or cache these files. I checked that redirecting goes not to a relative url. Everything seems to be fine but it still doesn't work.

I have the idea that it could be a question of security. Could it be that certain firewalls don't allow redirecting on ssl-pages? The problem seems to occur only when the customers should be redirected.

Archived